Ministry of Agriculture Training Institute Tumbi (MATI TUMBI) was re-established on September 2003. It is a government Institution under the ministry of agriculture, food and cooperatives in the department of Training. The Institute registration number is REG/ANE/020 under the provisions of the National council for technical education Act .NO.9OF 1997.
The Institute delivers innovative, educational programs that develop career-ready graduates through intensive, practical learning and skill enhancement in agricultural, environmental, and applied technologies. Certificate programs run withing 24 months in length and Diploma programs run 12 months.
Training Certificate and Diploma in Agriculture
MATI TUMBI offers two-year certificate programs which give students the foundations they need for success. And One-year Diploma programs.
Conduction of specific training to smallholder key farmers who will train other farmers on aspects of improved productivity of target crops, animals and sustainable natural resource management
Work in collaboration with other development partners in and outside the country to ensure success of efforts made to develop agriculture in the farming communities.
Diploma in General Agriculture
We offer a one year course of Diploma in General Agriculture, where by in completion of the course a candidate will be, qualified for a National Technical Award (NTA) level VI and receive an award of Ordinary Diploma in General Agriculture
NTA level VI modules
- Animal nutrition, feed evaluation and utilization.
- Agricultural extension.
- Principles of crop and livestock experimentation.
- Small scale enterprise management.
- Production of Seed Crops.
- Livestock Diseases and meat Inspection
- Livestock breeding Management
- Production of perennial crops
- Small scale irrigation
- Tractor power and farm Machinery
- Farm economics
Certificate in General Agriculture
We offer a two years course of Certificate in General Agriculture, where by in completion of the course a candidate will be, qualified for a National Technical Award (NTA) level IV and V and receive an award of Technician Certificate in General Agriculture
NTA level IV & V modules
- Livestock feed and feeding
- Basic livestock management
- Basic livestock Reproduction
- Harvesting and post Harvesting techniques
- Principle of crop production
- Basic of crop protection
- Handing and care of livestock products
- Introduction to farm structure
- Introduction to soil and water management
- Basic Animal health
- Introduction to agribusiness
- Farm records and Record keeping
- Introduction to computer
- Pasture production
- Applied livestock management
- Principles of animal Diseases treatment and control
- Management of field Crops
- Management Horticultural Crops
- Principle of soil science
- Basic Human Nutrition, food processing and preserve
- Principle of Agriculture technology dissemination
- Field data management
- Application of ITC in data analysis
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
P.O. Box 306
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
Mobile: +255754402269 | +255782995055