Bodi ya Korosho Tanzania (CBT)
The Cashewnut Board of Tanzania (CBT) is a corporate body established by the Act No. 18 of 2009. It is entrusted with the responsibility of regulating the development of the Cashew Industry in Tanzania in undertaking its mandated roles. The Cashewnut Board puts more emphasis in improving efficiency and effectiveness in the cashewnut sub-sector in order to meet requirements of different stakeholders thereby enabling them to contribute to the national development.
In undertaking its mandated roles the CBT puts more emphasis in improving efficiency and effectiveness in the cashewnut sub sector in order to meet requirements of different stakeholders thereby enabling them to contribute to the national development.
To be a competent institution for providing policy, regulatory and technical advice for a modern efficient and economically viable and sustainable Cashewnut industry by year 2025.
To promote, control and regulate all matters in the Cashew industry in an efficient, effective and fair manner. The Board will achieve this through delivery of services in highest standard of excellence to all stakeholders.
- The function of CBT is as set out in the Cashew Act No.18 of 2009 as outlined below:-
- To advise the government on policies and strategies for the development of the Cashew industry
- To promote the development of Cashewnut production, processing and marketing.
- To assist directly or through financial support the research and development of Cashew Industry.
- To regulate and control the quality of Cashewnuts.
- To collect, refine and maintain, use, disseminate information or data concerning the Cashewnuts Industry.
- To ensure proper management of Cashewnuts Development Fund established under the CBT Act no.18 of 2009.
- To promote and facilitate the formation of associations (or other bodies) related to or dealing with Cashewnut Industry and coordinate their activities
- To make and enforce Cashewnut Regulations.
- To provide consultancy and technical services to cashew farmers, processors, buyers, or exporters.
- To represent the Government in International Forum
- To carry out other tasks that are associated with improvements in cashew industry as need arises in the course of time, such as:
- To register or license Cashewnut Growers, Buyers, Sellers, Processors and Exporters.
- To grant licenses and permits for buying and exporting of Cashewnuts.
- To appoint inspectors for inspection of Cashewnut farms; processing facilities, warehouses and any other facility that may be inspected for the better carrying out of the provisions of the Cashewnuts Industry Act. 2003.