Bodi ya Chai Tanzania (TBT)
Bodi ya Chai Tanzania (TBT) ilianzishwa na Sheria ya Chai Nambari 3 ya mwaka 1997. Katika Sheria hiyo TBT imepewa dhamana ya kusimamia kilimo, usindikaji na biashara ya chai hapa nchini.
The Tea Board of Tanzania (TBT) is a corporate body established by the Tea Act No. 3 of 1997 and came into force on the 1st October 1997 following the separation of the regulatory and development functions of the then Tanzania Tea Authority (TTA). It is entrusted with the mandatory responsibility of regulating the tea industry in Tanzania. The main functions as set out in the Tea Act No. 3 of 1997 (amended 2009) are as follows:
- Advise the Government on the policies and strategies for the development of the tea industry.
- Regulate and control the quality of tea and tea by-products.
- Collect, refine, maintain, use or disseminate information or data relating to the tea industry.
- Monitor the production and exportation of tea.
- Regulate processing, exportation and storage of tea and tea by-products.
- Represent the Government in international and local fora in matters relating to the tea industry.
- Regulate import and export of tea.
- Control pests and diseases; and
- Promote and protect interests of farmers against syndicates of buyers, which may be formed through associations.
- Performing any commercial function as the Minister may consider necessary
Tea Board of Tanzania
1st Floor,Tetex Building, Pamba Road.
P.O. Box 2663, Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.
Tel : +255-22-2114400
Fax : +255-22-2114400